A Victorian Séance: Party Like It’s 1899!!!
Believers and skeptics welcome!
During this two-hour time travel adventure, you will experience a Victorian séance like those held at Punta Gorda’s McAdow Hall in the 1890s. The Victorian era was inspired by ingenuity and invention. It was an epoch of hope and possibilities, of adventure and romance, of exploration and discovery. Today’s Steampunk movement is a celebration of Victorian ideals and imagination. Whether you’re a believer like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle or a skeptic like Harry Houdini, you’ll enjoy:
- a lively presentation about the zeitgeist of the Victorian age, the rise of spiritualism, and how these factors converged to influence the new town of Punta Gorda
- a demonstration of the secret language of the fan as practiced by Victorian ladies
- group participation in scientific investigations using a Victorian talking board and a vintage Ouija board
- a medium-facilitated seance where guests may ask questions
- private access to a historic home
Tickets are $39 for adults 18 and over. Tickets must be purchased in advance. A percentage of the ticket price is donated to the Punta Gorda Historical Society.
What to bring: Reading glasses, as needed. A beverage.
Come as you are or come dressed as your favorite Victorian / Steampunk character.
Scheduled on Sunday, September 9 from 6-8PM, and every Sunday in October at the Price House in History Park.